Monday, May 23, 2016

Young Living Essential Oils Safe for Children

What about my kids? Well, let me just say I know of hundreds of "oily" kids! I had to laugh when my cousin shared that her little ones will come up with an oil bottle in their hand, "Oy-alls, mommy! Oyalls!" :-) Even they can tell the difference essential oils make! I'm always helping my younger siblings out with them. Even if they don't like the smell, they'll come to me anyway asking for some oily support!

There are SO many oils that are wonderful to use for children, and as a general rule, you dilute everything! (with the exception of the KidScents collection from Young Living, these are pre-diluted)

If by some chance you accidentally get oils too hot for your little ones, or in their eyes, any carrier oil (coconut, olive, almond, etc.) applied will dilute and ease their discomfort. Even I've accidentally gotten some in my eyes and had to rub coconut oil in. It works very well and quickly. DON'T use water as it will just encourage the oil to work faster, causing more discomfort.

Some oils are stronger or "hotter" than others and are not generally used for tots, so make sure you look it up before you try it! :-D

Here's a little graphic to get you started.

 
 

*Gentle Babies is an excellent book to show which oils are best to use for little ones and which ones are safest to use at suggested dilutions. If you would like more information on this, just let me know!

For an opportunity to win a FREE Gentle Babies book AND bottle of Young Living's KidScents Owie essential oil blend, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment